Monday, December 1, 2008

It's all about the kids

I've been rather quiet lately because I've been working on my pet charity for the past couple of weeks. Traditionally the last Sunday in November or first Sunday in December (closest to month end) is the Toy Run. It is the world's biggest biker charity event. Bikers in all the major centres get together to donate toys for the underprivelleged for Christmas.

This year has been the biggest ever with 50,000 bikers attending the Johannesburg get together alone. Cape Town had 20,000 bikers. We're probably looking at a total of half a million toys being donated. We also had a blood donation drive. It just gladdens my heart when you see thousand upon thousand bikes with toys all over them travelling down the highway. This year I didn't participate in the mass ride as I was needed at the venue, so I also don't have as many photos as I usually have, but here's a few that I managed to take.

These are my toys I donated and I really loaded this poor guy down.


Some of the bikes






My baby


Even cars



I also have my first CU Overlay on offer for you today. This download contains the overlay as well as the sample paper.



Love and hugs
Renée

9 comments:

Kristine said...

Love teh overlay! Thanks so much Renee!!!

Every year a friend of mine takes his Harley out for the local toy run....very cool stuff seeing these huge bikers in full patches loaded down with gifts for kids....

fl_connie said...

Thanks for the lovely overlay & paper! But even more - thanks for donating your time & toys to such a wonderful effort! ((Hugs))

mclaflin said...

Can't wait to use this overlay! Thanks so much!

Kim B said...

NO WONDER_ lol, Couldn't understand where all the bikes came from this weekend! Forgot about the toy run going on! LOL.
It's a AWESOME drive for charity and is really always WELL turned out- even here in little PE!
LOVE the overlay my friend and will get to the other tomorrow- haven't had a chance tonight ;-(

Sending hugs
ME

Jazzy said...

WOW what an awesome bunch of folks to donate that many toys..it makes my heart happy to know so many care for the children..all over the world..bikers here in Alabam do that too..and have the blood donation rides..Love your freebie today..thanks for sharing..love ya lots Jazzy

MoonBeam's Jeweled Creations said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful overlay!!

xashee's corner said...

thank you for sharing your first CU overlay! :D Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

Ephémère, Qc. said...

Thank you very much, it's beautiful overlay.

Two of a Kind Photography said...

Nice overlay. TFS!